Thursday, August 18, 2011

There's a time for everything under the sun

Oh, for crying out loud! How could what started out to be such a fabulous day turn to crap so quickly? Let me begin yesterday. I went out for a 15 mile bike ride that almost got aborted at 3.5 miles due to a few sprinkling rain drops. When I got to the area to push on or go back, I decided to head home but to do my normal cut ins and cut outs. I have this affinity for cul-de-sacs, parking lots, and basketball courts. It's not easy to create a 15-16 mile ride in a 4-5 mile radius from the house. There's bound to be a certain amount of repetition. Anyway, I would be close to home if the skies opened up, and hopefully, I wouldn't be too wet when I arrived. The skies actually became clear, and I got to complete 16.35 miles. Oh happy day! Life is good!



I didn't see the baby foxes that were out on Monday evening, but I did see these feral kittens. There were three, but I couldn't get all three of them in this picture without using a wide angle lens, in which case you then wouldn't have been able to see any of them. If you look hard, you will see two.


So, I don't know if it was the evening bike ride, but last night I got the best sleep of my whole entire life. OK, that's an exaggeration. Let's say it was the second great night's sleep of the year and if sleeping was a college course, last night I would have gotten an "A+." On a typical night, I get an "F".

Although I overslept by a few minutes, I arrived at the cath lab on time and in time to catch the sunrise and the moon. Because it's slow in the cath lab, I was one of three employees permitted to go in at the usual 0700 starting time. Starting time, flex time, break time, lunch time, sick time, vacation time...there's a time for everything. Had I used my college time to become a lawyer, I'd now have travel time.

           

And because it stayed slow, all but the call team were kicked to the curb by 1400. I was OK with that because I envisioned another 16 mile bike ride. Then this started just as I was thinking about leaving the house to ride.
 
      

No, that's not a view of the Amazon or a tropical rain forest on the left. That's the view out my front door! And the other photo is the lanai.

Like I've said before, if you don't like the weather in Florida, just wait five minutes, so I'm blogging and waiting.

As you would expect, business is picking up at the restaurant this week. Last week was pretty slow. I have no idea where the people were eating, but they weren't eating pizza or Italian at Carmella's Casa Italiana.

Deborah has perfected the "Great Balls of Fire" recipe and they are now available as an appetizer, sub, and entree with pasta. We'll be holding a T-shirt raffle, so be sure to get your name in the fish bowl for the drawing. Check out the home page of our web site if you really want to laugh: http://casa-italiana.info/.

Last but not least, we've partnered with First Federal Bank and their Gen Gold card. Holders of the card will enjoy a 10% total ticket discount. I recommend you get the card. Find info here: http://gengold.com/. Don't worry, we aren't listed yet in the line up of restaurants, but if you show up with the card, you will indeed get the discount, not to mention great food and exceptional customer service where everyone knows your name, eventually! Right, that's where the "Brain" cubes come in.

OK, it's time to put on my do-rag and go for a bike ride. Catch you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment