Thursday, August 4, 2011

Just wait 5 minutes

I'm on call today, so sadly I can't go riding. It's a dubious set back, because there were raindrops on my windshield during the drive home. I went for a short cruise around the neighborhood when I first arrived here, and I felt a few raindrops.

I took a right toward the cul-de-sac, gave the bike bell a few rings because it makes me feel like a kid again, and as I turned around the circle and headed out, that same teenager from the other day was sitting on the hood of the car in her driveway. I'm sure she heard me ringing the bike bell and if she didn't think so two days ago, I'm sure she now thinks I'm a little bit insane.

This is my bike. If you look real hard, you can see the pink bike bell on the right handle bar.  And yes, that's the basket that makes me feel like Dorothy from the "Wizard of Oz." Of course, my "friends" at MMH cardiac cath lab think it's more reminiscent of the Wicked Witch of the West, because oddly enough, that's how they think of me. (And I get up at 5:10 am to work with these people.)




Speaking of the raindrops and weather, Ralph, the John Scalzi Weatherman Wannabe, isn't home to glance at the southwest sky to tell me it's clear. As you know, I ride in the northeast. Anyway, the other night after he proclaimed the sky clear, he was watching "Hells Kitchen" when a brief weather report was shown during a commercial break. In surprise, he said, "There's a tropical storm in the Atlantic that's possibly headed toward Florida." I looked at him and quietly replied, "Yes, that would be T.S. Emily. They have been talking about it all week". Mentally, I ripped off his Wannbe Weatherman crown from his head and threw it into the air and exclaimed to myself, "AHA, you don't deserve this!"

Donna, my Connecticut sister, is enthralled with my bike computer! Yes, it's the miniest of laptops and it fits on the stem between my handlebars. It tells me all sorts of information, like the time, distance, mph, how much water to drink, and what to have for dinner.



And speaking of dinner, last night I had cheddar cheese pretzel pieces and Doritos. The Doritos were in honor of my ex-husband. I wanted to know what it felt like to lay around and snack! Not a bad feeling! Now I understand why he did it whenever he was home.

I got lots of emails regarding Deb's find, Dr. Oz's "Brain" Cubes. Many of you wanted to know if you should buy cow brains or sheep brains. Well, feel free to visit Deb at Carmella's Casa Italiana ( http://casa-italiana.info/ ) and she will gladly discuss the recipe with you.

She was going to make them and give me a tray. Then she changed her mind. I think she remembered my midnight ice cream snack attacks, so instead of the "Brain" cubes, she's going to make me ice cream. Works for me.

OK, I won't keep you in too much suspense. Did you notice the quotation marks around the word "Brain?" When you see that, it means brains as we know them are not involved in the recipe. Please don't purchase any cow or sheep brains or any other kind of brains. These cubes are for your brain! You don't make them with brains.

  
The sky is clear is all directions. Means nothing to me since I'm on call. STEMI alert trumps my biking. I have the whole house to myself and this is a great time to be productive. I'm going to vacuum and clean my bathroom. Hmmmm, there are no witnesses. The cats and birds don't count. I'm going to lay around and snack!
 

Northeast sky->where I bike


Southwest sky->where Ralph checks the weather

 
If you don't like the weather in Florida, just wait five minutes.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment