Saturday, October 8, 2011

iPad and Efferdent

I'm on call and this is a great weekend to be on call since it's too windy to ride and there is the threat of much needed rain. Plus, my new iPad came and I'm trying to learn my way around using it. I paired my new keyboard, thus I'm creating this blog on the iPad. (Rest in peace, Steve Jobs.) My laptop bit the dust for the second time earlier in the week and so far I have been unsuccessful in getting it to boot up. Oh well, if I find a reliable computer tech, I'll have it repaired. Lucky for me I backed up all my info before this latest crap out.

No one stopped over for me to restore their headlights. Could be no one needs this service or it could be that most people don't obsess over such things. Well, Beaver did his headlights the same weekend that I did mine, so at least one person does. I considered trading in the Rav4 because the headlights were so ugly looking. It's a keeper now!

For some reason, I had on my glasses the other night when I was in the bathroom getting ready to put in my retainers. Yes, retainers. Two stints with braces over 20 years, so this time I wear the retainers. OMG! I could have fainted when I saw the retainers. Talk about obsessing, there was no way I was putting them in my mouth. Not looking at them with glasses in place disguises a lot. I won't go into the details, but today I picked up Efferdent. 240 tablets of Efferdent. I wear the retainers once a week, so that's one tablet a week. So I have 240 weeks worth of these effervescent tablets, or 4.6 years. If you need some, stop over. I'll gladly share some with you. I don't know why the staff at the orthodontist's office didn't tell me about this product. It says right on the box that it's for retainers. Brushing with a toothbrush and toothpaste does not get them clean by any stretch of the imagination. People, if you or your kids wear retainers, make life simple and sanitary and buy the Efferent, or come and get some from me.

I've taken quite a few 18-20 miles bike rides and I've made several new friends. Below are some pictures that I think you will enjoy of my new friends. The first little buddy was stretched out in the shallow part of the lake. When I dismounted my bike to go back and take his picture, he swam off and came back letting me get this head shot. Until he winked at me and lazily walked off, I thought the second guy was a rubber replica and that someone was playing a trick on me. You think that's unusual, last month I thought that the baby fox stretched out in the street leading to the Tabernacle was a dead palm frond.

 
Please click on each picture to get a better view.

I saw some sun rises and moon rises. Helped save a few lives. My plumaria in the front zen garden is blooming. And my restaurant fed the starving masses. 

 

 

I hope it all continues. Life is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment