Saturday, September 10, 2011

It's all about Philly Cheese Steaks as I look to the sky

This morning I awoke with the glorious sun shining through my bedroom window.  That means several things. I'm not on call so I can sleep as late as I want. The cats were calm and not scratching and crying at my bedroom door. I don't have curtains on my bedroom windows. My room is on the second floor, so that last doesn't much matter. Thank you, God, for giving me another day and it's sure great to be alive.

The cardiac cath lab at MMH was so busy this week, especially on Friday. We started the day running four rooms and I never had a chance to make coffee. My mornings are hectic at the house and there's always a time crunch, what with dressing, make-up, cats, birds, hairballs, puke, litter boxes, breakfast, bank runs, etc. There just isn't enough time to make and enjoy a cup of coffee, so I do that at the hospital. On Friday, there was no time to go over to the EP Lab and get the cup of coffee. Our secretary, who is extremely efficient and ensures things run smoothly, offered to go over and get the coffee for me. I took her up on the offer, and I'm still grateful that she noticed I never had a chance to go over to get it and that she did it for me. When they say "It's the little things that count," this is what they mean. Please don't ask me who "they" are.

Carmella's Casa Italiana did a bang up business last night too. It was almost like "season." We had a couple return yesterday evening who found us on their GPS two months ago. Their GPS was stolen, but the wife was confident she could find us again. They loved everything the last time, thus they returned. They loved everything again. There was also a couple who drove in from Myakka. Our reputation is spreading by leaps and bounds. The last customers of the night did a take-out order. After they went home and enjoyed the food, they called Deb to say, "Everything was awesome, absolutely awesome. I just had to call and tell you that!" And we think it's awesome that you called, and that the Melbourne couple came back, and that the Myakka people drove in, and that Frank and his family were there. Repeat customers are awesome and the relationships we build with them are the foundation of our success. Thank you one and all!

This is weird. Brian, a frequent customer, came in last night and ordered a Philly Cheese Steak Pizza. Another couple ordered Philly Cheese Steak subs with their pizza and wings. Not long after that, Ed, another frequent customer, came in and ordered a Philly Cheese Steak Calzone. When the customer sitting to his left saw the Philly Cheese Steak Calzone, he wanted to change his calzone order. His calzone was already in the oven, so he said he would wait until next time. Then the last call that I took of the night was from a woman wanting to know if we had Philly Cheese Steak Stromboli. Yes, we do. We can make Philly Cheese Steak Anything you want! Plus, we probably make it better than they do in Philly!!

Ed's Philly Cheese Steak Calzone

I hope you are having a magnificent weekend. I'm off on a 16 mile or so bike ride. The sun is shining and I do not see any rain clouds.....of course, I have selective vision, so it's hard to say what's really out there in the skies. To me, they look blue and cloudless.


That's the road I take out of the subdivision. I'm pretty sure the puffy white stuff is either Lucy in the sky with diamonds or cotton candy. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. You have a lovely blog here too...I'm happy to find you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome and thank you! Happy to find you too. I recommended my sister read your blog too.

    ReplyDelete