Sunday, October 9, 2011

Nothing's ever 'done'

Sounded like we got a lot of much needed rain last night. The pool level is good, and the pool is turning greenish yellow. Guess I better get on that. If Beaver, aka James Logan, lived closer, he would help me. He's owner of Sunbeam Pools in New Port Richey, Florida. The surrounding lake levels are up to speed. My zen garden is thriving, except for the Angel's Trumpet plant. It looks like there might be another caterpillar in there eating the leaves. I can't find it, but they are cagey little creatures and they like to hide from the naked eye and the eyes with glasses.
The caterpillar I saw was much smaller. This must be the grand daddy of them all!

I put in my retainers last night secure in the knowledge that they are bacteria free thanks to the Efferdent. Then this morning, I filled an Oikos Greek yogurt cup half full with very warm water, dropped in the Efferdent table, and placed the retainers in the resulting effervescence. Plop, plop, fizz, fizz, oh what a......Sorry, that's Alka Seltzer, which I thought about using but decided Efferdent would be the better choice since Alka Seltzer, to my knowledge, is not designed to clean retainers. No muss, no fuss.



Fat chance! Is anything no muss no fuss with me? I obsess over everything and form these strong attachments to my clothing and other things. So, of course, I still have my retainers from 1988. And of course, I was compelled to place them in the Efferdent. No, they didn't come out as nicely as my current retainers, but those are different and only two years old.

After all that, I had to mourn over my 1988 teeth. I expected that my teeth would be brought back to their former 1988 shape with the repeat braces. Not so. They have an acceptable shape now, and I didn't wait until they reverted to their former state of 1986 crookedness, which was very disturbing and bothered me for years. Had I known they would have a new shape, I might have opted for new retainers to stop the movement instead of almost two years of silver. Whatever! What's done is done, right? We'll see.

To add to the Efferdent fun, when Ralph saw the box of 240 tablets on Saturday morning, he asked if I was getting dentures, as though dentures are something we go to the store and purchase off the shelf like a box of Cheerios or a bag of Doritos. I'm not sure that someone with my teeth obsession would ever need dentures, but last night as I was brushing and flossing my teeth before bed, I thought how cool would it be if I could drop my teeth into the Efferdent like the retainers and just call it a night. Then it dawned on me, I might be calling it a night, but I would also be calling my teeth dentures. OK, enough of that!

Another obsession of mine is with my furniture. When I relocated to Florida in 1988, the same morning my braces were removed, I brought my living room furniture with me. That was the furniture that I replaced a few weeks ago. I still had the recliner because I wanted to sell it on craigslist.org. The recliner was almost like new and still has many years of use to it. Ralph had a stronger attachment to it than I did, but I wanted to sell it anyway. It finally sold to a lovely couple and they picked it up yesterday. I was sad to see it go and sadder that Ralph was here to witness it tied in the back of the truck going off to its new home. Life goes on...

Bye recliner, we'll miss you. You served us well through the years.

And on...A new Carmella's Casa Italiana Facebook friend informed me that I set up a profile page for the restaurant instead of a business page, which violates Facebook rules and regulations. (Now I'll be obsessed with looking out for the Facebook police!) He has a business of setting up business Facebook pages and offered to help. There's always a fee involved and since we're in the red, I can't justify another expense. I'm muddling through on my own. If you see the page, please 'Like' it. There's something there in the column on the left in the Carmella's Casa Italiana profile, but I don't think it's finished. I tried to do it from the iPad but the going was rough. It will have to wait until I get on my desk top, since the laptop is still down. Many thanks to my new friend who so graciously pointed out the error of my ways.

It's raining again, just as I was getting ready to go outside and hose off the litter boxes. What a pity. Guess I'll have to find something else to do, which will be easy. When you work full time, take call, and run a small family business, there's always something to do, like Jury Duty in Tampa. What's up with that? I live in Sarasota and work in Bradenton. Received my summons yesterday. Nothing is ever 'done.'

Right. I don't see myself among the chosen 12 either.

No comments:

Post a Comment