Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Stephen King is invited

Ralph took a 3.5 mile bike ride today in the 90 degree temperatures with the 90% humidity. I was working at Manatee Memorial, so I couldn't ride. Plus, I got home too late to ride after work.  When he returned from his ride, he was sweltering and jumped in the pool. He said he thought he was having a heat stroke. Remember me on Sunday with my heat stroke and his chatting it up about feeling exhilarated? Hmmmmmmm, sorry I wasn't here for his drama! *LOL*  Right, he's fine.

He took my bike out for a ride to determine the source of the grinding and screeching. He noticed lots of free play in the pedal crank. I sent email to Nirve and got a prompt reply. Mark from Nirve said it could be a bad clutch in the rear hub. Only way to know is to take it to a bike shop to access it. Going to do that soon, because the noise is too disturbing and I won't be riding till the noise is gone. All that racket harshes my mellow.

Deborah and Tim are working tonight. Looks like they had a little more action tonight than they did last night. There was a six top, a five top, and a scattering and smattering of other one and two tops, one delivery, and some take-out. My mother and her husband stopped in unexpectedly. He brought in his own toppings for the pizza. More things that make you go 'hmmmmmmmmmmmm.'

As one of the customers was leaving last night, he told Deb that we make the best marinara sauce he ever tasted. Last Friday, there was a take-out of two Stromboli. After the Stromboli were eaten, that guy called us and said they were the best Stromboli he ever tasted. He said he felt compelled to call since typically the only reason people call back is to complain. Anyway, we certainly appreciate the positive feedback and hope that it is accompanied by positive word of mouth to friends and loved ones. We need more customers to feed and please!

I've been reading that new businesses are saying that things are looking up in downtown Bradenton. And that "Bradenton's newest restaurant, Tarpon Pointe Grill & Tiki Bar, truly shows the beauty that downtown has to offer." Bradenton mayor Wayne Poston says, "The river has been the asset of Bradenton for a long time, and has never been taken advantage of." He's right about the river. The view from Manatee Memorial Hospital is breathtaking.

I already told you my thoughts about the Tarpon Pointe Grill & Tiki Bar. They have a long way to go to measure up to the customer service rendered by Carmella's Casa Italiana and The Twin Dolphin, to name two! You know I'm right!

Anyway, very nice for downtown; however, we are not in downtown Bradenton. I'm hoping someone remembers us! Like you, and your family, and your friends, and your loved ones, and your neighbors...I don't care, your enemies. Come one, come all.

Don't forget, Deborah is in the process of planning our fourth year anniversary party to be celebrated on July 29. If the parties from years prior are any indication, it's going to be lots of fun featuring food, games, and other surprises. Wouldn't it be great if Stephen King stopped by? He's partnered with the Suncoast Community Blood Bank. And I partnered with the Suncoast Community blood bank ( http://scbb.org/ ). So why can't he partner with me? I want him to stop by! We can be partners!

And on that note, I'm signing off. See you soon. Now go find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment