Sunday, October 2, 2011

As seen on TV

We finished strong in the restaurant in what started out as a slow week. Thank you so much to all our loyal customers who brought in many first timers! Could this be the year that we move out of the red and into the black? Well, working hard has nothing to do with it because we've been consistent with that. It's going to depend on you. So, come on in. Check out our new menu, outstanding food, and friendly service. Coming soon will be our new look! So, don't miss out and go find out what you're been missing. See you soon!

I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond on Saturday for some things for the restaurant. When I went to check out, I couldn't decide if I wanted to wait in line behind a senior who looked like she had a major project going on or behind a young woman with an overflowing cart. I picked the young woman with the overflowing cart. I figured this line would move faster, and I was right. After all, there's only so much time I can devote to meditation, butt squeezes, Kegel exercises, and life review in a given day.

Bed, Bath and Beyond is no different than any other store. They have displays at the check out counters to encourage impulse buying. Typically, I resist these ploys. Easy to resist at Albertson's where all the chewing gum and candy bars are displayed. (Anyone who knows me, knows I'm not big on candy bars and I hate gum.) Not so easy at Bed, Bath and Beyond. There to my left was this product screaming my name: Auto Headlight Restorer Kit. Years ago I used Industrial Strength Cleaning Wipes on my headlight lenses to remove love bugs. Those wipes were not meant for use on plastic, so the lenses were scratched and dulled and looked ever so ugly.

Sam's Club offers to restore the lenses for $35.00, but the one time I questioned a Sam's employee about it, he didn't say anything magical to make me want to part with $35.00, so I didn't do it. This product cost $9.99. I had nothing to lose, so I bought it. If it didn't work, I figured I'd return it and get a refund. The box said "As seen on TV", which is not exactly a selling point for me since I didn't see it on TV and also that it takes 30 seconds. I didn't see the 30 seconds until after I completed the project. 30 seconds would definitely be a selling point.

To make a long story short, it worked like a charm. So much so, that I'm really sorry I didn't think to take before and after pictures. It took longer than 30 seconds, but it was worth it. It wasn't arduous to apply, so I also did Ralph's headlights. His lenses must have a different problem, because his didn't come out as great as mine.

 
After Lens Restorer

I don't often do product endorsements, but if your headlights are dull and scratched and you hate how they look, you will definitely love this product. If you don't want to spend the money, come on over and I'll do it for you. I have a lot left in the bottles!

No comments:

Post a Comment