Saturday, October 22, 2011

Everyone hates change

Carmella's Casa Italiana is attracting new and loyal customers from our small business ads on http://craigslist.org. Welcome to all the new faces and thank you so much for the gracious compliments on our menu and service.

Lots of new things are in the works at the Casa. We're planning to have new flooring installed and to paint. We made a decision on the flooring, but it's back to the drawing boards on the paint. I selected a pale green that I originally wanted for my home. Green goes really well with brick, and the front of my house is brick. There is that brick paneling at the restaurant, so that's why I thought of green.

That being said, we have those beautiful murals, and the green goes well with the brick but not so much with the murals. One of our customers mentioned that staying in the green family of colors would be too much green. That makes sense. So, feel free to stop by, order pizza or pasta, and help us make a decision! Doug was a great help 5 years ago when we picked the yellow that I currently want to change. Change is good, right?!?! Admit it, everyone hates change!



John, from Manasota Flooring, assured us this product is durable, stain proof, water proof, and so on and so forth. We felt compelled to test the product, so that's marinara on the flooring in the top picture. The bottom picture is after the clean up; and as you can see, there's no stain! This color is going to go great with the black tables. Besides agonizing over the paint color, we're also agonizing over new table cloths. I sent away for several table cloth swatches and encouraged Deborah to do the same. She's the creative one, so I depend on her to pull it all together! And of course, we're also processing all the input from our loyal customers!

I received the yearly dreaded email from the President of the Homeowner's Association about work that needs to be done outside around the house. I already mentioned that incentive to work in my zen garden flew out the window when the thief stole my plants, yard ornaments, shepherd's hook, and other plant hangers. Last weekend, I overcame my apathy and worked in the garden. I'm happy to report the President is mollified and I can carry on with other things. Well, I'd rather go biking, but there are a few other projects to work on, so I guess for now I'll forego fun in favor of beautifying my residence. What I should do is work on homeland security. For crying out loud, they can kill the terrorists Moammar Gadhafi and Bin Ladin but Sarasota's finest can't catch the yard thief. UGH, I must put this to rest!


In case you can't tell, the top picture is before and the bottom is after. I know, the grass looks like crap. I'll have to be more consistent with the fertilizer, or something. I guess I'm still not totally ready to hang up my gardening hat!







No comments:

Post a Comment