Saturday, September 3, 2011

"Crazy" neighbor or sabotage

I'm on call for MMH this long holiday weekend. We got called in this morning after I had a great night's sleep. When I walked outside of my house to leave for the hospital, the world was bathed in the golden glow of the pre-sunrise. That alone was worth getting out of bed.

The sun had already risen by the time I got to MMH, and although I didn't have time to photograph it, I still got to enjoy it shining over the water of the Manatee River. What a great day! We did a left heart cath and PTCA with two stents. When it was all over, we took the patient to CCU. One of the nurse's had on his cranky pants; but after such a beautiful start to the day and saving a life, I refused to allow him to harsh my mellow. Plus, I chalked off the nasty attitude to a manifestation of fear and insecurity about his ability to adequately care for the patient. There was another nurse, a woman. I'm sure she'll help him out!

I took a 16.16 mile bike ride on Thursday. All this call time is definitely interfering with my riding. Anyway, I had a wonderful ride that took about 1 3/4 hours. Since I didn't get caught in any rain storms, I figured I was on the bonus plan.

The playscape construction at the professional building parking lot is completed. Unfortunately for me, that little area they created totally cuts me off from riding around the basketball court. I'll just have to make some other spot my favorite place to ride. After all, 16.16 miles covers a lot of territory, so I should be able to find something. I will miss riding around the court, though.


You'll notice that black chain link fence. What exactly is that supposed to do? When my Connecticut sister was little and we lived at the Curve Inn in Connaughtown, my parents had a chain link fence area sectioned off in the back of the bar parking lot to contain her. I think she was contained in there for a total of five minutes. I don't know if she climbed over the top or just lifted the latch on the gate. Whatever she did, she got out. She wasn't hurt, and I don't remember what their Plan B was to keep her safe. In any event, I hope the professional building people have better luck. Oh, I have yet to see anyone put this area to use. It's always vacant.

The Sperlunto 4th Year Family Reunion will take place at my cousin Jackie's house in Pennsylvania on September 25. My mother and sister, Deborah, are planning to fly up for the occasion. Since Deb is going, Ralph and Tim will take on extra hours at the restaurant to ensure things run smoothly. My Connecticut sister will drive down. I'm not going. I went to the 2nd and 3rd year reunions.

   This is a partial group shot. The 2010 reunion was held at my cousins' house, La and Don.

My sisters and I thought it would be fun for my mother to go, so we've been working on the necessary plans. Her husband isn't going, so we had to get his approval. Of course, he gives his approval, but sabotages the trip in other ways. For instance, he tells my mother he can't bend over and clean her cat's litter box or feed her cat. Given the fact that he's morbidly obese and has severe osteoarthritis of his knees, this could be valid on some level.

There was a discussion that perhaps their neighbor could come in once a day and take care of the cat duties. Then it became, "Oh, the neighbor is crazy, he doesn't want her in the house." "Crazy?" They say it like it's a bad thing. I'm crazy......whatever. I take the bait. I asked, "Why is she crazy?" My mother replied that her husband saw this neighbor watering her lawn at three in the morning with a flash light.


OK, who's the crazy one? If you wake up at three in the morning, do you look out the window to see what's happening in the trailer park? Since it's a trailer park, is there even any lawn? And if you saw suspicious activity in the middle of the night with a flash light, would you think crazy neighbor or possible intruder?

As a crazy person, I take umbrage that they label the neighbor's behavior crazy. I consider this pure sabotage on his part. What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment