Sunday, December 18, 2011

Bored? It's a luxury!

I created my whole entire blog this past Thursday during my 14.1 mile ride on my Verso Roma. Well, guess what? Nothing goes as planned in this life I lead as a restaurant owner, entrepreneur, cardiac cath nurse, homeowner, pet mother, and family person. Nothing! So, this is not the blog I planned in my head. That blog is still in my head for later release. This is a spur of the minute blog, sans planning, to keep you in the loop. What loop? Look, I don't have the answer to everything, just ask Ralph.


We had the Wednesday Revelation regarding 'all the buzz'. If you want to know, you'll have to stop in and catch up. Order a pizza and experience the new taste sensation. Don't even wait for Tasty Tuesday! We are closing early on Christmas Eve and closed on Christmas. We created the menu special for New Year's Eve. Visit the Newsflash page of the website for the information. Whether we will open or close on New Year's Day is still up in the air. I'll make a last minute decision on that. At the moment, I'm leaning toward closing.

Merry Christmas

In any event, now that the restaurant is renewed and remodeled, I saw the need to do the same thing for the CCI website: http://casa-italiana.info/. While I was doing that, I came across things that needed to be corrected, deleted, or tweaked. The Internet connection and the desk top in my room are sketchy at best, so everything took much longer than I anticipated. I'm happy with the results. I think you will be too, so feel free to check it out!

Since Christmas is a week away, although I planned to do much cleaning in honor of that, the website project took my whole day. Yesterday, we shopped at Sam's for food for the Christmas Eve Family Celebration. Since I also wanted to have my flat tire from about two weeks ago repaired at Sam's while we were there, that venture turned into a day trip. As we were shopping, it occurred to me that they wouldn't be able to repair the flat. Sure enough, one hour later I was given the news. Not only that the tire couldn't be repaired, but that I would have to buy two new rear tires since they no longer carry the Dunlops currently on the car. I'm not buying two new tires! My spare tire is in good condition and it's a Bridgestone. I have an extra Bridgestone in the garage from the last tire fiasco. Too darn bad all this didn't occur to me while at the house because I would have loaded the Bridgestone and took it with me. My plan will be two Bridgestones on the rear, two Dunlops on the front, and the extra Dunlop that's on the rear driver's side now can then become my spare. Right. All this will require another day trip at Sam's. Better bring a book since essentially all the shopping is done.



The kids tried to tell me they were bored when they were little.......oh God, please give me a boring day. Yes, I know, not yet. Boredom is a luxury I won't be enjoying anytime soon.

And speaking of not ever being bored, I'm having a blast with my Bongo board. It's for balance, stability, agility, and mobility. The reviewers said it took them three days to acquire their balance. I've been at it for two weeks. Guess I'm a slow learner. Whatever. I'm still using it on the carpet at the side of my bed so that I can regain my balance when needed by touching the side of the bed. Ralph said I should be brave and practice in the middle of the room. Hmmmmmmm, I guess he wants the hear the loud crashes as I tumble to the floor. For obvious reasons, I'm not taking Ralph's advice. I might be getting my board on, but I'm definitely not bored.



No comments:

Post a Comment